- Recognising people as assets
- Building on people’s existing capabilities
- Promoting mutuality and reciprocity
- Developing peer networks
- Breaking down barriers between professionals and recipients
- Facilitating rather than delivering
Co-production pilot (Toomebridge)
Community Development and Health Network (CDHN) and Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council together with people from the Toomebridge area have been involved in a socially innovative co-production project. Since October 2015 Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council through its Joint Working Arrangements Steering Group (JWA) with the Public Health Agency (PHA) and Northern Health and Social Care Trust (NHSCT) and the Northern Health and Social Care Board (NHSCB) have been investing in a co-production pilot in Toomebridge. This project has been developed over a period of 2 years it has a co-production focus and has relied on 6 principles of co-production throughout its development.